Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Wednesday

I've just returned after an eventful two-week hiatus from blogging. I had no idea I was going to take this break, I even tried not to, but eventually had to concede my ability to retroactively write entries for each day I'd fallen behind. This only happens when there's too much happening to leave whatever time it will take to write it all down. What little extra I time did have was spent, during that first week, working up photographs in lieu of blogging. Those begin here, and were originally taken at the beginning of December, when the Dana Leong Band came to Ho Chi Minh City.1 Also, I've begun posting low resolution movies every Friday (the first, last Friday's, is here; let's see how long it takes me to fall behind on this scheme, too). Low resolution movies are the only kind my camera will make, but I'm doing what I can to fix the irritating auto-focus action this week. Two Fridays back we went to a party at Sunshine's office where I drank a lot of Irish whisky. Not too much, of course; I didn't even drink it all. But I did drink enough to go out and continue drinking until four am, killing any impetus I had to sit and write (or do much else) over the following weekend. There's a story about that night here. That's okay because there was little chance I'd have gotten around to writing much, anyway: that very same Friday we were at long last presented with the massive listing of available jobs for our next post. Final bids are expected by, I believe, sometime in October. Whenever I wasn't taking long showers and popping aspirin with entire bottles of water, I was researching places like Zagreb,2 Pristina,3 Podgorica,4 and Ljubljana.5 [Cavin]

Then, a 2 sided conversation ensued...

To which Anonymous Anonymous added:

Orange juice, Baby, orange juice and aspirin. Or more unbibing and less im....

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 10:46:00 AM  
To which Blogger Mr. Cavin added:

You are mixing a causal relationship with an oppositional one. Unbibing isn't an alternative but a symptom of imbibing (wiggles joke cigar here).

Thursday, August 14, 2008 5:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Back to the Beginner.
<< To main Update page.