Monday, March 31, 2008

Monday

I spent all this weekend (it seems) working on photos to upload onto the web. This built up a little momentum, so I already have more pictures to announce. This speediness isn't all momentum, sadly: there wasn't all that much work to do. I opened my files from the wedding ceremony of my good friends Ellie and Dan to discover that all my pictures suck. I was afraid of that. Sure, I'd looked them over the day after I took them. I then packed them onto an external hard drive, put that snugly into a suitcase, and then moved out of the country. I knew these wedding pictures would be there when I needed them. Well, they were and they weren't. The most striking thing about this wedding, back in October 2007, was that it was oriented in a way that reddish-gold beams from the setting sun cut dramatically across the fetching courtyard at the O. Henry Hotel in Greensboro, NC. Beautiful for the photographer, but the death knell for picturing lively subjects before a quickly dimming color-changing backlight. I had a wonderful time that day, mostly missing between the few decent photos I walked away with. If what I did here seems peculiar, well, it's because a bunch of blurry, underexposed pictures can look halfway presentable if viewed small enough. So, aside from six or eight pictures I got pretty early on during the ceremony, I have collaged an uneven mix of whatever other faces I managed to capture before the light totally left me--which also ultimately left out such important attendees as the mother and brother of the bride, the sister and brother of the groom, and many, many dear friends and family besides. Oops. A much more thorough wedding presentation can be found here. [Cavin]

Then, a 1 sided conversation ensued...

To which Blogger Bronwen added:

Thank you again for posting your lovely collages. I don't care if they are blurry or whatever. It does not ruin my wonderful memeories from that day and from the time spent with you!

Wednesday, April 09, 2008 3:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Back to the Beginner.
<< To main Update page.