Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve

Saigon Stud update:* Sunshine spied the Ace clubs yesterday, meaning the House lost its chance at a straight with Ace, King, Queen, Jack, and a damned Nine. My pair-flush wins the day, and I am three-and-oh for the poker season. Today, I was quickly dealt the first three cards of the next hand on Pasteur Street near the park: the Jack spades, the wild Joker, and the Five hearts. A guaranteed pair, at least, with a high card. So far so good: I'll see your ante and raise. There are just a couple more minutes before Christmas here in southeast Asia. I think I get it before any of my friends do this year--except maybe the ones in Beijing--and twelve hours before my family will. Today and yesterday were especially tropical in southern Vietnam, but the nights have been in the seventies and breezy. We spent the whole muggy afternoon wandering around District One, looking for interesting decorations to photograph. There are many, and I took about twenty pictures (at an average of five exposures each). While it will take me a while to get them posted online, I wanted to find something special to use as a seasonal card, from Saigon to you, friends and family, wherever you are. I thought this was most appropriate (the Santa and yellow dog and monkey on the boat next to the festive giraffes would have been a close second. Or maybe the butterfly-winged fairies hovering over the one-story pile of wrapped packages. But all that'll have to wait until later). So merry Christmas or other midwinter holidays to everyone, and a very happy New Year. I'll probably take a break tomorrow, since I'll be on the phone all day, so the Update lights will be off until Wednesday. [Cavin]

Then, a 0 sided conversation ensued...

Post a Comment

<< Back to the Beginner.
<< To main Update page.