Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Tuesday

Hey, anyone out there having trouble making all three columns of my main blog page load properly the last couple of days? If so, you are more than likely using Internet Explorer to browse the web. Explorer is a persnickety program. It expects me to include every little line of important HTML code in every little vital place. Otherwise, it simply stops displaying any information from the offending point in the code on down throughout the page. This was not a problem in Netscape, for some reason, so I didn't notice until outside reports trickled in. Take heart, Explorers! I've now added the missing "slash span" tag causing all the trouble. Now everything should work just fine. Sunshine and I had a very nice anniversary dinner last night at a little Indian Restaurant called Ashoka on Lê Thánh Tôn Street in District 1. We both ordered the things we always do in new Indian restaurants: our litmus for comparison. This restaurant stacked right up with the very best we've ever had. I was particularly fond of the dishful of reddish onion chutney, here made with whole cocktail-sized onions and shallots. I kept eating this condiment straight off its plate. After dinner, we walked home along the main north-south artery Hai Bà Trưng, and along the way I was dealt the last three cards of my Saigon Stud hand: the Joker, the Queen of spades, and the Nine of spades (I found another card, but it was torn into fourths, and I only found three of them). Since I have determined that Jokers are wild, I now have a pair of Kings. That's not much, but good enough to stand on. The next five street cards I find will be the house hand, and that's when the action starts. [Cavin]

Then, a 2 sided conversation ensued...

To which Blogger qemuel added:

Works fine in Firefox. Happy belated anniversary!

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 1:24:00 PM  
To which Anonymous Anonymous added:

I was going to say that.
-- Explorer turned Firefox.

Thursday, November 22, 2007 7:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Back to the Beginner.
<< To main Update page.