Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Wednesday

Our departure is early enough in the morning that I am staying up all night. I'll wake Sunshine up and we will leave for Dulles around four thirty am to print our tickets and get through security as early as the international dos-and-don'ts list asks us to. Luckily, we will have access to the business class lounge. I am breaking with the usual focus of this Update Stuff to tell you what is going to happen rather than what has. You probably know that flight delays have become epidemic. I hope this doesn't happen to us because we are being met at our destination by a nice lady who should not have to stand around all night waiting for us. We only have one connection that a delay might affect, and that's our domestic layover in San Francisco. But, knock on wood, if everything goes as planned, we'll be in Vietnam by Thursday morning around ten-thirty EST. It'll already be dark that evening in Vietnam, eleven hours on around the world. So why am I posting about a day I know nothing about? I am posting to say goodbye for a while, because the definition between now and Friday will be blurred for me, and because after six am or so I won't feel fresh air on my face again until I'm in Vietnam. But this is also goodbye for the time it takes to wrestle up internet service in the days after we arrive. Lastly, this is a petition to think warm luck at your distant friends who will be flying through the air today, and a note that I'll be doing the very same for mine: our friends from NYC and our very own honeymooning Dan and Ellie will be somewhere up there with us. Godspeed. [Cavin]

Then, a 1 sided conversation ensued...

To which Blogger Bronwen added:

While we were flying from Atlanta to Gatwick, we tried hard to image where on the globe you guys were. You landed in Vietnam Thursday 10:30am EST and we landed in England Thursday at 5:45am EST so for at least a few hours we were flying in the same direction aroud the world, but on opposite sides. We miss you already.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 1:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Back to the Beginner.
<< To main Update page.