Monday, October 15, 2007

Sunday

In difference to what I was saying before, about how this weekend home was all about a wedding and not about us, we decided to get up and leave the hotel first thing. No bittersweet goodbyes today. We checked out, got gas, and left NC for the last time. I suspect I'll return sometime before it gets really hot next year, but tickets from across the globe are pricey and the trip is long; I don't think it's going to be very soon or very often that I'm able to make it back before finally returning in 2009. It is impossible for me to return for the holidays this year, not the smallest reason being that we will be unable to reenter Vietnam on these one-entry visas before getting an upgrade that might take months once we are in-country. Today's drive home was nice. With no really bad Sunday traffic inbound, we were seated at our neighborhood Italian place about five and a half hours after hitting the road. After dinner, we had an evening to decompress, to get a little organized, and to ready ourselves for the next two days before leaving. Our plan was to get some paperwork things done around the house, and then watch the last disc of Heroes--one more bulleted thing to scratch off my to do list. But apparently the Netflix mail arrived just after our address forwarding kicked in, and therefore the post office has sent that disc on to Ho Chi Minh City. Undaunted but determined, we drove first to two video stores looking for a rental copy before realizing that these are kept on the "Hot Television" instead of the standard "Television" shelves. But we got it, and we watched a couple of episodes before going to bed. [Cavin]

Then, a 2 sided conversation ensued...

To which Blogger Bronwen added:

We are on disk 4. If I wasn't so exhausted form the wedding weekend, we would have watched it yesterday. It may have to wait until after the honeymoon.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 9:32:00 PM  
To which Blogger Mr. Cavin added:

Look out, then. If you are still around to read my post for Monday, while I was cautious not to spoil anything, I do spend a lot of time talking about Heroes and being a mite sourpuss. You might want to watch it all before reading my rant.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 1:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Back to the Beginner.
<< To main Update page.