Friday, July 20, 2007

Thursday

It was raining when I left the theater after Lady Chatterley last night,* so I ducked into the Metro and ducked back out again at Farragut West Station a few blocks from Kaz Sushi Bistro.* We ate at Kaz on the ten year anniversary of our first date.* The food there is exceedingly good, after all, and I am pretty sure that I had the best meal I've ever sat down to alone last night: a quail egg cracked over urchin-stuffed calamari in truffle reduction soy sauce, four baby clams in dried fish miso, fifteen bites of angular sashimi separated by thin lemon slices served with raw grated hon-wasabi root. The warm sake they serve seems lighter than air; I can't swallow it fast enough to keep it from seeping into my skin. [Give me a second, here.] Today was another day for me to spend watching movies while Sunshine worked at home. I actually got up and left the unit before she did this morning because my first movie was so early and because her day starts in the afternoon every other Thursday. I saw three movies in Silver Spring today. Between these I bought another pair of shoes and ate high-end Lebanese fast food. I already had shoes for eating and walking, so I thought it was time to get some good trainers for running. I was a little upset after browsing row upon row of intergalactic-looking racing shoes stitched together out of reflective swooshes and lighting bolts over colorful ventilated ballistic netting. They were all as light as Kaz's sake, but none of them seemed very much like my usual style. But I took what I could get: jagged silver and black vacuum-molded rubber foot gear. I look like I'm standing in Flash Gordon's holsters. [Cavin]

Then, a 0 sided conversation ensued...

Post a Comment

<< Back to the Beginner.
<< To main Update page.