Monday, April 09, 2007

Easter Sunday

First, an admin note: last Monday, I was to meet Sunshine in the District after a language workshop. With some time on my hands, I took pictures around the National Mall. I have spent today putting some of those pictures together and posting them here. There are more to come whenever I have another day to devote to them (more from that Monday, and some from Tuesday, when I saw Act of Violence* and Ugetsu* at Maryland's Silver Theater*). I'll make another note when that happens. So now: Happy Easter! I spent the vast majority of today working on my own computer, and Sunshine did the same on hers. While I was up to my neck in photo software, I could hear her across the room: intoning in Vietnamese or translating taped interviews with people critical to the Venezuelan beauty industry. We broke only for lunch (bowls of soup while watching one episode of the top-notch Venture Bros.*), and for dinner. Since our goal was to make up for yesterday's television-on-DVD marathon, dinner was a less elaborate affair than is sometimes the case. We opted to drive a little way down Wilson Boulevard to a little string-lighted El Salvadorian slash Mexican place on a corner between here and Ballston. This place is pretty homey: large, dark, tinted windows with those twinklingly merry little year-round Christmas lights. We’ve frequently noted this restaurant while driving past it to other places, and it just seemed as if it would be perfect for a snappy repast in the few moments stolen from our getting-stuff-done day. And it was. The staff was friendly, the food (pupusas and tamales and platanos) was tasty. Unbelievably: we managed to stuff ourselves for only twenty-two bucks in Arlington. Then we came home and got back to work. [Cavin]

Then, a 1 sided conversation ensued...

To which Blogger qemuel added:

Good ol' VENTURE BROS.! Season Two comes out on DVD next week. Very pleased about that one.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 3:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Back to the Beginner.
<< To main Update page.