Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Tuesday

Yesterday was the first day I’ve been alone in weeks. I woke up and had the house to myself. Sunshine was at school slaving over the Vietnamese language, and I was supposed to be getting around to some of the things I’ve been putting off whilst going to movies and dining with friends in North Carolina. But it was just a little too good to sit around the house in Sunday’s clothes and finish reading the Catcher in the Rye. (That Holden Caulfield, boy, that kid kills me. He loves people so much he actually hates them in a way.) After finishing that, it was a good idea to then take a long shower and begin reading the Thin Man. (That Nick Charles, buddy, no use coming over cool with him, see. He’s got your number, fella.) Between these towering achievements the dirty dishes sat over there in the sink, the bed sat in there, unmade, and nothing artful happened at all. Well, I did get up off my ass for five minutes to take a few pictures of our Oakwood unit. Eventually Sunshine came home and we drove ten minutes up Broad Street to West Falls Church trying to find what turned out to be quite a good Indian restaurant called Haandi.* They have interesting pureed Mulligatawny soup and fabulous tea. Back at the unit, I finally did the dishes before we both set down to watch Rome. I got up today it was still very tempting to sit around doing nothing on the couch where that Nick Charles was still up to his neck in gumshoeing; but I ignored him and spent today stitching yesterday’s photos together into choppy composite panoramas. These can be found here and here on my Flickr page. I also wrote this. [Cavin]

Then, a 0 sided conversation ensued...

Post a Comment

<< Back to the Beginner.
<< To main Update page.