Friday, March 16, 2007

Thursday

First: my good friend Ellie has made her music available free over the internet. You can listen to, or download, four acoustic tunes here. Highly recommended. Now back to talking about me: when I woke up today it was eighty-two degrees outside. This wasn't unexpected after yesterday's heat (a tolerable, moderately breezy seventy-eight average) and the hot night. But today it was overcast, making the heat oppressive somehow. I let the housekeepers in after making sure Dora was well out of their way, and then I got busy updating our iPod with all Ellie's new songs and staying out of the way, myself. During this hour the temperature dropped twenty-six degrees outside, the wind picked up, and the day went from overcast to downcast. As I type, it's hovering in the low fifties and raining out there. Its also really windy. We just returned from a pleasant meal at Thai Terrace (between Ballston Commons Mall and Virginia Square in Arlington). We met one of Sunshine's coworkers. I've eaten there before: I liked it then and I liked it again, tonight. The tom kha was superb (and about the prettiest soup I've ever seen, high praise indeed considering Thai is one of the world's most aesthetic cuisines). My shrimp in emerald curry was so good I had the remaining sauce packed up to go. The conversation was all work-talk between interesting and compelling people, so I dug it. After dinner, we got groceries returning to Falls Church, and this reminded me to add something to my litany of complaints: it's a solid drag to carry groceries into this place. None of the doors can be held open. All require electric key entry taking whole seconds to read. The elevator's slow, possibly possessed. And it's sometimes hot and sometimes raining. [Cavin]

Then, a 3 sided conversation ensued...

To which Blogger Bronwen added:

That's for the plug, Cavin! I am going to archive a few more songs in the next month or so, I will keep you updated.

Still jealous about all the good eating. I am coming to visit soon!

Saturday, March 17, 2007 1:43:00 AM  
To which Blogger Bronwen added:

I meant "thanks" for the plug!

Saturday, March 17, 2007 1:44:00 AM  
To which Blogger Mr. Cavin added:

"That's for the plug [...]"

I just assumed I was getting air kisses or something. Alhough, I guess "thanks" is hardly disappointing. Thank you for giving me something to plug--and to myself enjoy: your work is really very good. [air kiss, air kiss] That's for the songs.

Saturday, March 17, 2007 12:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Back to the Beginner.
<< To main Update page.