Thursday, January 04, 2007

Wednesday

Okay, here's something very exciting. Read this. Sunshine says that I can no longer whine about how nobody ever reads my blog. I have adopted the title of "Guardian Source." Well, not really, since this is only the associated blog of a Guardian writer. But whatever, it's well-written and has a top newspaper's logo right at the top. What I find funny about the whole thing is that during this time, back in August, I was combing the daily papers of two different countries trying to get interesting México-related news into this column. Apparently that even worked: people were actually interested. But I was entirely unaware that I'd made any splash, however small, at the Guardian Unlimited in a third country, with these comments, until today--over four month later. My friend Ellie called my attention to it this morning. Maybe I should Google my own name more often? Allow track backs? Set up a hit counter? Alas, intrepid I am not; nor overly vain, apparently. Other than this exciting revelation, today is a slow day. I am writing this in the kitchen office of Ellie and Dan's house, with their varied collection of cats occasionally milling around my ankles. Sunshine is off about town, probably visiting a number of thrift stores. I have the afternoon off to catch up on this, my email, and maybe finally get a little ahead in my book, listen to my music, and eat my leftover deli sandwich. Are these not interesting subjects to write about? I don’t know. I suspect that the Guardian will not bother lettings its readers know what I think about this. But after days and days of being social and having constant plans, it is nice to have nothing going, to sit back and relax with cats. [Cavin]

Then, a 4 sided conversation ensued...

To which Blogger OlgaR added:

Wow! You are world famous Mr. Cavin! I read your blog too. I followed your adventures while driving up to the U.S. of A. Who knows, I might even quote you one of these days : ) Hope you guys had great holidays. Feliz 2007!
La R

Friday, January 05, 2007 11:11:00 PM  
To which Blogger qemuel added:

Wowzers, first my friend Chris Knight pops up in the New York Times and then Mr. Cavin shows up in the Guardian.

I am impressed sir, yes indeed.

Hope you and the missus enjoy your stay in Kentucky!

Monday, January 08, 2007 1:35:00 PM  
To which Blogger qemuel added:

Finally solved the cryptogram (sorry, I have to be in the mood or my head will explode), and yessir, she is QUITE friggin' glad.

Later!

Monday, January 08, 2007 2:27:00 PM  
To which Blogger Mr. Cavin added:

R--

Saludos and happy oh seven to you too. Glad that you are still with us. Here's a quote: "get new tires before you drive across the country." We miss you.

Q--

Man, I am glad someone finally did the crypto-answer. I was beginning to think that no one had ever noticed that comment at all. (I'll bet Olga felt the same about her comment here.) And thank you for not throwing another puzzle at me today. I suspect this is just putting off some inevitable escalation, but, you know, not today. See you in a week, I hope.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007 5:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Back to the Beginner.
<< To main Update page.