Thursday, December 28, 2006

Wednesday

Some random thoughts about the last few days: Christmas was the same combination of nostalgia and familial reunion that it's supposed to be, the sort-of sad kind-of feeling that I was in over the last post not withstanding. I had a really nice time; and those true meanings of family relationships rather congeal when I'm only around a few months out of every year. This time I had to confront the fact that I may not be able to make it home for these holidays next year. Mostly, everyone has seemed surprised that I've made it home for them so far; but I'm a little torn up about it. The other day I got to feed my lovely goddaughter, BB, for the first time. There's just something about a baby, man, even at two o'clock in the morning. It's love at every first sight. Over last week, I've noticed that the old cell phone battery's a little outta whack, and I've ordered a new one. Recently I have been totally booked up with little social engagements featuring many of my favorite people in the whole world: I watched episode after episode of Venture Bros. with Ian, I ate spurious Mexican food with Mr. Beaver, and I've done a number of easy Monday New York Times crosswords with my mom at the deli. Tonight I drank semi-fine scotch and listened to music at Jenn.'s place. A number of people we were here and the evening devolved quickly into the kind of comedy that I really want to remember, repeat in snippets of conversation, for the rest of my life. Will I? I certainly hope so. Now the evening is done, late, over, and I’ve noticed that there's some free email signal to capitalize on, so I am writing this. [Cavin]

Then, a 0 sided conversation ensued...

Post a Comment

<< Back to the Beginner.
<< To main Update page.