Monday, December 11, 2006

Sunday

I've made some changes around here, or I will have by Monday, that I thought I'd make note of. As promised, there are now permanent links to my Flickr account just below this recently shortened update column. Scroll down to see a fairly baroque display of my latest photos (as well as random ones: hit refresh and watch them change). Below these you will find a list of links to digital photo albums arranged by geographic location. I've also made an attempt to streamline the blog's main page, an effort to get more pertinent material above the fold. The results are probably less evident than I'd hoped, alas. The act of further tightening the random elements of this blog are either beyond me or impossible. The reason I have heaped this tedious chore atop the others I must complete before tomorrow is that we will finally be shutting down our internet (and in any event we'll be unhooking and shipping the modem away). While I have been generally successful stealing little bits of bandwidth here and there, this is by no means guaranteed; and at the best of times a little awkward for the level of continuous use these trial-and-error blogger template changes require. This also means that there might be days approaching when I am unable to post, but that is always a possibility here (and the stolen bandwidth tends to work even when our paid-for cable fails). Today's lasts: I cooked my last pot of beans, we used the last of the laundry detergent (and borrowed more), and I missed the last opportunity to watch a movie (in the best movie-watching house I've ever lived in). I unhooked the player and projector this afternoon, and they will, along with the movies themselves, fly to DC tomorrow. [Cavin]

Then, a 0 sided conversation ensued...

Post a Comment

<< Back to the Beginner.
<< To main Update page.