Monday, December 04, 2006

Sunday

Now that it's December, we've lived our last full month in México. Actually, now that it's Sunday, we only have two more weekends to go before heading back to the US. Tomorrow, the movers return, supposedly to pack and ship all our remaining stuff (they will have to do twice the amount of work they did on Thursday to actually manage this). Everything is in some sort of disarray. Today the temperature outside never rose above the upper forties and it rained all day. I spent my time working on photos to upload to my account. I did not feel like going out and doing things, even as I run out of occasions to do so. Yesterday, when it was sunny and hot, we went to the MARCO and a beautiful little store called Carapan that sells interesting premium art and craft items from all over México. It's located right downtown, just off the Macroplaza; yet it still took us an hour to get there. Traffic wasn't abnormal, but we had to negotiate a number of narrow, dense streets while navigating the tangle of one-way roads near there. Traffic was worse in this area, so we eventually gave up, parked at the museum, and walked. After, we ate dinner in a coffee shop that I like. Later last night there was a party for some work friends, but I didn't go. I didn't go to the movies today, either. I'm spending my last opportunities to do things in Monterrey by pottering around the house trying to make sure we move out successfully. By next weekend this will no longer be necessary, I will be able to enjoy my second-to-last weekend in this country by actually seeing some of it. Hopefully, without getting stuck in traffic for too long. [Cavin]

Then, a 0 sided conversation ensued...

Post a Comment

<< Back to the Beginner.
<< To main Update page.