Sunday, December 17, 2006

Saturday

Good afternoon. So far today: I've wrapped something like forty Christmas presents (packed is more like, many have bubble wrap, cushioning material, etc), packed a suitcase, cleaned a refrigerator, and suffered through our last ever housing inspection in México. We did well, by the way. From now on out: we will pack the car (tightly), take out the remaining garbage, eat for one final time in Monterrey (at our esteemed La Casa de Maiz, and followed, I hope, by cappuccinos at Feel Gr@w coffee shop in the Barrio). When we come home from dinner, we pretty much have to go to sleep immediately since we are lighting out tomorrow morning so early that I would normally regard it as the night before. All we have to do is wait for daylight--several people made us promise. On into the future: we will hit the border sometime before ten am, I hope, and it will take us less than an hour to cross it because it is early on a Sunday, I hope. Then we will take I-35 to San Antonio; take I-10 to Houston, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, and Mobile, take I-65 to Montgomery; take I-85 to Atlanta, Greenville, Charlotte, and Greensboro. Somewhere in there we will spend the night, I suspect. All of that will be done in the packed-tight car with The Cat who would very much like you to know she is not thrilled to be in a cage. So this is it, then. The end. Not only is in my last Update entry from México, it is possible that the entries themselves will be wildly sporadic from now until I have a real home again sometime in February and somewhere near DC. I'll do what I can to keep this space updated occasionally, though. [Cavin]

Then, a 0 sided conversation ensued...

Post a Comment

<< Back to the Beginner.
<< To main Update page.