Sunday, July 16, 2006

Saturday

The storm yesterday was a doozy. There was hail. Ice fell onto our house, loudly, in the middle of the Chihuahua desert. Fell into it, actually. The wind, rather spookily, was blowing in at least two different directions at once, and one of those direction was straight at every gap in every door. Before the storm got too bad I took the Cat out in it, but the Cat didn’t like that too much. It isn't like I let her get wet or anything, and usually lightening and thunder don't scare her. The beast of the kitchen hills is sort of a pantywaist in the wilds of the patio area. Anyway, I did not work too much on this thing today because I was feeling secure about being finished on-schedule (Sunday), and because I have been neglecting all other things all week long. So I took the day to do some real writing and to watch some Deadwood with my sweetie and eat leftover pizza, all highly necessary but ignored activities from my weekly to-do list. She did a good deal of writing in her beauty pageant manuscript; and, to be fair, I did wash the dishes. It rained again today, but nothing like last night's howling ice-filled deluge. I'll bet I could have taken the Cat right out in it today. [Cavin]

Then, a 0 sided conversation ensued...

Post a Comment

<< Back to the Beginner.
<< To main Update page.