Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Monday

Greetings. This it the revised original first post of this update content blog, designed as feed material for my, um, "real" blog, previously.... On Friday, I decided to embark in a grand overhaul of my journal and haven't really seen daylight since. The goal was to make a separate update area within my other page for more typical log-type content. Friday I managed to screw around with my template till I got a third column, and yesterday, against all odds, I managed to make this stuff halfway appear in it (after several frustrations with insert tags (wrong kind of server capability) and object tags (just butt ugly, and also a reduced functionality in Internet Explorer). So okay, fearing the worst, which in this case would mean hand applying update content into the damn template code every time, I kept looking and found my answer in RSS feeds: I am converting the .xml to java script (actually a handy other place has done this for me) and so I can at least supply some 255 characters per post here to display there. Cool. Now I got to figure out how to keep it from looking like a sprinkle of shredded newspaper, huh? [Cavin]

Then, a 0 sided conversation ensued...

Post a Comment

<< Back to the Beginner.
<< To main Update page.